Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Anita Marci's "Banana Baby"- Acrylic Painting



This painting is called "Banana Baby." It is rather large: 2 1/2' x 4 1/2'. It was done for Chris Berman-the ESPN Sports Commentator and his wife Kathy. They wanted to bring up the marble colors because this stone is fabulous. The colors are rich and deep and I wanted to capture that depth in the painting. They selected the exact colors for the piece.

One Sunday morning I awoke to find the sun shining just perfectly on this newly born banana leaf. I ran to get my camera and captured it as you see it above. This provided me with my creative inspiration. I then proceeded to take many more photos, but the first one is the one that I used. That is often the case. I will take a shot and enjoy it and then feel the need to explore the thought. I have many more pics so there may be more banana leaves in my future.

The painting took much longer than I expected because of the detail in the line work. I wanted the focus to be on the baby leaf itself instead of the larger leaf behind it. The background color was challenging as well. It has every color in the pallette and was a very tricky mix. I think there are about five layers of different reds in that background.

The beauty of custom art is that you get exactly what you want without having to go shopping. This art works with the window trim and wall covering as well. Finally, I was satisfied with the piece and so were my clients.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes the banana baby is lovely! I didn't know all this. Isn't blogging fun? Hope your weeks going well. I am feeling better. Yah!

    ReplyDelete