Sunday, June 17, 2012

Anita Marci's "Five Sunsets"


     "Five Sunsets" is an unusual piece because it started out as a technical exploration.  I had just purchased some acrylic blending gel medium. It is very difficult to get a smooth blend with acrylic paint because it dries so quickly. So, I decided to explore this extender- which extends the open time of the paint.  I was quite delighted with the results. I had lots of my own Maui sunset photos so, I just kept on painting.  I ended up keeping one that was much softer - kind of pink, lavender and baby blue-for my own collection.  These five seemed to want to be together.  I especially enjoy them emerging out of the dark background, like a night sky.  Of course, they are also reminders of the way our Maui days end  so very beautifully here each evening.

1 comment:

  1. Aloha Anita,
    Really nice! Good work!I like it!
    Great regards from Germany
    Dolores

    ReplyDelete