Friday, May 25, 2012

Anita Marci's "Green Mango" Painting


     I could't resist sharing this brand new painting of mine titled "Green Mango" and the story that goes with it. It is mango season on Maui and I have been enjoying watching the beautiful mango blossoms slowly turn into fruit. The mango above, in the photo, caught my eye because of the cast shadows of the leaves on the fruit.  I waited for several days for the wind to calm down, but it never did. Finally, I got my camera out and practiced my patience, while waiting for a quiet moment to get the shot. I was rewarded with this photo which then became the above painting- 29" x 44" acrylic on canvas.  I love the serenity of this painting and of course I love those leaf shadows.  The palette is unusually muted for me but I enjoy the softness of it.  So glad I took the time to get this shot, because the next day the wind had taken the mango and this painting would never have been made if I had not seized the moment when the inspiration hit me.  Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment