Saturday, May 17, 2014

Anita Marci's "Lipstick" Paintings


    These paintings were made for the 2014 Art Expo New York Show. They are  9" x 12".  Before making this collection, I reflected back on my twenty years in NYC as a commercial artist.  I was in my early twenties when I moved there. Fresh out of college and full of hopes and dreams.  I remember how I felt when I moved there from Pennsylvania where I grew up.  I was surely a stranger in a strange land. Fortunately for me, my new boss took me under her wing and guided me on the fashion etiquette of NYC. Rule number one-- a lady never goes out with out her lipstick!!  
     I was so pleased to see a father buy these for his beautiful young daughter to begin her art collection with the purchase of all four of these paintings.  Also happy they will stay together. I was kind of hoping they would.  Sister paintings and all that good stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment