Saturday, May 17, 2014

Anita Marci's "Red Candies" Painting Triptych

   
     This triptych was painted in honor of my late father who passed on in June of 2012.  It is composed of three 24" x 24" acrylic on stretched canvases.  The idea for this painting came to me in a dream. I awoke in the middle of the night so I could remember the dream in which I was painting hard candies.  When I woke up in the morning, I recalled the dream and had the distinct feeling that the idea was from my father who had somehow managed to communicate with me in the dream state.  I did my research and found some photos and paintings of candies. I did my studies and then immediately did the paintings.
     At the time, I was working on a new collection of art to take to the Art Expo NY in April 2014.  It was a dream that I had for thirty years. My whole family came to NY to see me and support my art. It was a wonderful and warm celebration that I will cherish and hold in my heart forever. Everyone of importance from my life- going all the way back to second grade-was there for me. They all traveled and stayed at the same hotel and celebrated my dream with me.  My Father was there too-- in the spirit of his paintings.  It was an amazing weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment