Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Anita Marci's "Alexandra" Painting



"Alexandra" is a part of the "Orchid Fever Collection."  A group of twelve watercolor paintings of beautiful, vibrant, colorful orchids. They each have a name according to their personalities. There are males and females. Some, are named after people in my life who the orchids remind me of.  I happen to be fascinated by orchids. I grow them, photograph them, and paint them.  They are wonderful to watch as they grow from a tiny bead to a full and luscious flower.  "Alexandra" is the only one of the twelve paintings that is framed. She hangs in my bedroom and I wake up to her splendor ever day.  It is my dream to some day show this collection as a whole. Collectors have tried to purchase these paintings but, I can't seem to part with them. Perhaps after they are shown together, I will break up the collection. Perhaps, I will need to sell it as a whole body of work.  Until then, I will enjoy my "Alexandra" flower and her everlasting beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment