Monday, May 21, 2012

Anita Marci's "Sea Fan"


"Sea Fan" is an interesting piece that I have never shared before.  It was created to go in the same room with the "Sand and Shells" art.  I found this sea fan in a shop and, I bought it because I loved the color and delicacy of it. I had it for about a year, when I got the idea for this piece. The background was inspired by an old black and white Barnett Newman painting. I selected colors from the room's textiles and painted the colors over a cream base to match the walls.  This piece also has a custom plexi-glass case over it. The case is actually screwed into the wood stretcher bars on the top and bottom.  The case looks like it magically floats on top of the painting and, it looks great next to the drift wood sculpture that stands beside it.

No comments:

Post a Comment