Monday, May 21, 2012

Anita Marci's "Wavelength Art"


In 2009, the "Wavelength Series" grew out of the "Sand and Shells" art. I wanted to explore the use of the sand and I had lots of shells left over, so I just needed to find inspiration for the shapes. I did that in NYC at the MOMA, where I saw a very contemporary furniture show called "No Discipline" by artist Ron Arad. I was able to take photos -which is very unusual in a museum- and I drew lots of sketches from them.  I then did the drawings on canvas and used the Tacky glue in the same process as before.  The last step was to paint the acrylic paint in the background and sides.  These paintings were shown in the Village Gallery for a time. They did not sell there though, and were returned to me.  Shortly afterwards, I sold nine pieces to a collector couple of mine. They purchased three of the "Wavelength",  three of "Wavelength Lavender", and three of the "Constant Earth and Changing Seas" art. They are hung in a nine piece grid  for which I designed the installation.  I was thrilled that these paintings got to hang in a grouping together just as I had envisioned them!

No comments:

Post a Comment