Monday, May 21, 2012

Anita Marci's "Constant Earth and Changing Seas" Art


This is part of my "Constant Earth and Changing Seas Collection." Around the same time as I was doing "Wavelength" I decided to start using palm bark in the paintings- well, they really are Mixed Media Collages.  I cut palm bark off the tree in my backyard and then, I dampened the bark and pressed it flat with books. I sliced it into strips and glued them on to the canvas after I had painted and glued the sea elements.  I love the simplicity of these pieces. They are somewhat Mondrian-ish and I like the organization of this art.  The title  reflects my thoughts on the perception that the Earth is still while the Ocean is ever-changing.  Of course, we know the Earth is moving too, though it does not appear to be. I also enjoy the juxtaposition of the Earth and Sea elements on the canvas together- just like on our beautiful planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment